While I was looking for an image of the infusion around the daggerboard case, I discovered that the photo gallery about the deck laminate and vacuum infusion has not been finished. Sorry about that. I now have added a lot of photo’s about that event.
You can find the gallery here.
After I had turned the hull I wanted to quickly begin fairing work on the deck and in the cockpit. Yet there were still some details that need to be completed.
In the previous post I have described the work around the deck hatches. The photo’s are here.
After installing the engine I definite closed the cockpit floor. If it’s ever necessary to lift the engine again I will have to cut out a new hole with the jigsaw.
Shaped the cockpit coaming ….
…. finished the laminate on the cockpit coaming in front of the beam bulkhead and released the upper folding strut recess in the aft beam bulkhead.
The same for the forward beam bulkhead. Until now this recess has been closed off for the purpose of the vacuum infusion of the external laminate.
Completing the ending of the cabin roof.
Completing the inside of the bridge deck, designing a system to store the two acrylic washboards inside the bridge deck and mounting a molded glasfibre U-section for the washboards.
Completed the base for the sliding hatch.
External laminate for the anchor chain tube.
Determining window size, making the molds for them and completing the window cut outs.
Furthermore, making a mold to find back all the HD inserts in the deck which will be covered by paint and thus not visible anymore, finishing the forestay chainplate, finding back and finishing all drain holes, etc, etc.
But finally all these details (at starboard side, there is still a port side to do) are completed now and I finally could start the fairing process for cockpit, deck and cabin roof.
… to be continued …