For a long time I thought I was going to make the daggerboard in the same way as the rudder. So, with the aid of a mold. To which I have just postponed that for some reason. But at the finish of the main hull the appropriate daggerbord case slot must have been created. A good reason at last to make that daggerboard.
I made it almost according to the plans, so with a Western Red Cedar wooden core. But to prevent this core against water penetration in case of a collision with an UFO, or hitting the ground, I made two changes to the plans. First a leading edge with a high density glass fiber core behind, instead of the wood, and second a bottom part with a foam core. In addition to these changes and for structural reason I replaced the wooden core in the leading edge by a glass fiber core.
Photo’s are better than explaining by words. You can find them here.
Enjoy the animated gif of the infusion of the daggerboard.