More fairings, now on the starboard side.
Vacuum bagged first foam layer.
Building up the thickness with more (screwed down) foam layers. I decided to make a fairing on the front and bottom side of the escape hatch to minimize water pressure on the hatch.
This hatch recess was made for a Lewmar safety hatch, however, this type of hatch is not available anymore and instead I bought a Vetus Magnus hatch which is also suitable to mount in this location. However, size and hinges are slightly different from the Lewmar and so I had to make some modifications to the recess and hull.
While doing this, I also decided to cut away the aft part of the recess in line with the other fairings. (at the cost of a lot of itch on hands and arms 😦
Structural integrity has been restored by adding some extra laminate.
All hull fairings are now finished.